Friday, August 8, 2008

Week 11 - Alambres

Alambres - Gaslamp, San Diego.

Eater #1 - 3 Carnitas Tacos, rice and beans.
The Mexican music blaring from the crappy, tinny speakers was the only bad thing that I have to say. The finely chopped carnitas was excellent, flavorful and well presented. Good beans, too (I’m a sucker for good beans).
Nice place, I’ll defiantly go back… but maybe not on a Friday.
Eater #2 - Al Pastor Burrito
This place was great. I was glad the place wasn't packed with tourists on such a nice day in paradise. Instead I got to enjoy my period of gustation in peace. The "huge" pastor burrito, though not huge, was huge in taste. I rate it the second best pastor this side of the border. I wish I got beer and my only gripe is trying to find parking downtown. Mahalo. God save the Queen.
Eater #3 - Pastor Tacos - Dos Equis
tacos al pastor: GOOD - The meat is laid out on a three tortillas and you put it together yourself with the cilantro, onion, beans, and rice that are served on the plate. The al pastor was great!!
Beans: GOOD
Rice: eh, okay.
Beer: GOOD - $3.50 for a Dos Equis, for downtown thats pretty good.
Eater #5 - Ensalada Alambres
Alambres is a great place to eat and relax. The Ensalada Alambres was excellent! The salad was made up of crispy romaine lettuce with Feta Cheese, Strawberries, Apples & delicious house dressing. The prices were pretty reasonable and there were a lot of different items to choose from on the menu. I probably wouldn't go back on a Friday, but I would definitely go back.

No comments: